Thursday, January 11, 2007

Top Songs of 2006

#5
Sister Winter - Sufjan Stevens

I would love this song if only for the last 30 seconds, but the entire 5 minute song builds to a crescendo of Christmas goodness: "Ohh my/ Friends, I / return to bring you all the best/ Ohh my/ Friends, I/ return to wish you a Happy Christmas!"

#4
Wound Up - Office
"Lets go to the beach tonight, with a bottle of wine" I never would've guessed this was one of my favorite songs until i noticed on my "most played" I had listened to it a dozen times after a few weeks. I got this one for free on iTunes and I haven't heard anything else from them, but this song is great for driving.

#3
On The Radio - Regina Spektor

"This is how it works/You're young until you're not/You love until you don't/You try until you can't/You laugh until you cry/You cry until you laugh/And everyone must breathe/Until their dying breath"

#2
Disappear - My Brightest Diamond

At one point she hits a note that makes my heart break and spill out all over my other organs.

#1
Early in the Morning - Andrew Osenga

Please just listen to it here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home